Old May 22nd 05, 04:34 AM
Brenda Ann

"sid" wrote in message
ups.com...

reasonably portable - may be 7-10 inches long with 2-4 AA battery
opearation. I read about GE superradio but it seems big needing 6 D
cells. Also it doesn't have any SW band.

Aside from the lack of a SW band, the Superadio (especially a Superadio or
Superadio II (these are better build quality than the SRIII) is an ideal
choice for you. Yes, they do use 6 D cell batteries, but the life of these
batteries in this radio is phenomenal. I have personally used a single set
of batteries in an SRII for nearly a year, listening around 4-6 hours a day
(alkaline batteries).