Old May 22nd 05, 05:08 PM
Lucky

Default Pete: Lowe 150 Technical Question

Hi there Pete

I was looking at the specs of the 150, and I see the audio output specs for
the headphones jack is 4v 220ohms. Does the headphone jack put out 4v DC??
I'd like to harness it for it's 4v of power. What woud be the best way to to
this and have one hot and one ground?

Since the headphone jack is mono, where would the 4v be hot? On the very tip
of the headphone plug?

If I stuck a mini stereo plug in the larger mono plug and plugged it in,
would one of the resulting wires coming out of the cut mini plug power out
at 4v DC? What could I use for the ground {-} line? Surely it's not the
other mini plug wire? Just use the radio's case for ground?

Thanks one that sees thru radios
Lucky