Old May 23rd 05, 08:26 PM
Brian Kelly

Dave Platt wrote:
In article ,
R. Scott wrote:

In going with the current LONG thread. Whats the largest you've

seen.
Here is mine.

I cannot confirm it nor find it. But in California (near the Bay

Area
where I was stationed at Moffett) I remember seeing a Giant 3 elem

beam
with Rohn 25 as the mast. I believe a Ham Friend of mine said it

was an
80m Shorty (But it just seemed to unreal for me)

I've been told that the gent who owns the Ham Radio Outlet dealership
chain has a site located in the hills south of San Jose, and that it
includes a 3-element 80-meter rotatable beam. I was told that the
whole setup is managed by remote control - the owner lives elsewhere,
and accesses the transceivers and antenna controls via a landline
connection of some sort.

Haven't seen it myself... it would certainly be impressive!

Force 12 has a 3 elemnent 80M beam in their catalog. 61 foot boom, 52
foot turning radius with 83 foot shortened elements. A beast.

http://force12inc.com/F12-specs-mag-r1-0.htm

Dave Platt AE6EO

w3rv