Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old May 23rd 05, 08:26 PM
Brian Kelly

Dave Platt wrote:
In article ,
R. Scott wrote:

In going with the current LONG thread. Whats the largest you've

seen.
Here is mine.

I cannot confirm it nor find it. But in California (near the Bay

Area
where I was stationed at Moffett) I remember seeing a Giant 3 elem

beam
with Rohn 25 as the mast. I believe a Ham Friend of mine said it

was an
80m Shorty (But it just seemed to unreal for me)

I've been told that the gent who owns the Ham Radio Outlet dealership
chain has a site located in the hills south of San Jose, and that it
includes a 3-element 80-meter rotatable beam. I was told that the
whole setup is managed by remote control - the owner lives elsewhere,
and accesses the transceivers and antenna controls via a landline
connection of some sort.

Haven't seen it myself... it would certainly be impressive!

Force 12 has a 3 elemnent 80M beam in their catalog. 61 foot boom, 52
foot turning radius with 83 foot shortened elements. A beast.

http://force12inc.com/F12-specs-mag-r1-0.htm

Dave Platt AE6EO

w3rv

Imax ground plane question Vinnie S. CB 151 April 15th 05 05:21 AM
Discone antenna plans [email protected] Antenna 13 January 14th 05 11:51 PM
Yaesu FT-857D questions Joe S. Equipment 6 October 25th 04 09:40 AM
LongWire Antenna Jim B Shortwave 5 March 2nd 04 09:36 AM
EH Antenna Revisited Walter Maxwell Antenna 47 January 16th 04 04:34 AM