Old May 24th 05, 11:58 AM
dxAce

Guy Atkins wrote:

PAPUA NEW GUINEA 7120, 0830-1200, Wantok Radio Light, Port Moresby May 23
TENTATIVE reception of this new PNG Christian outlet first noted with
religious-sounding music fading in at 0830. Four musical tones noted at
0900:20, followed by possible ID by woman. Signal improved very slightly
past 0900, with continuous Christian contemporary and possibly PNG church
music. The language sounded Pidgin at times, but was much too weak for
positive language identification. At 1101:38, I heard a distinctive 'Bird of
Paradise' call (national bird of PNG, I believe). An MP3 recording of this
can be heard at: http://www.guyatkins.com/files/tenta...RL_7120kHz.mp3
0830 UTC is just past Port Moresby sunrise, ...

Port Moresby sunset rather than sunrise?

dxAce
Michigan
USA