Old May 29th 05, 04:45 PM
John Smith

Why would anyone use microsoft stuff... haven't we learned about them from the past? grin

Warmest regards,
John
"Dave" wrote in message ...
watch out! "dot net" is a microsoft technology that includes a whole bunch
of things that use the "dot net" framework as their backbone. this includes
visual studio dot net, which has c# and vb.net, a new version of office, and
a bunch of business stuff. the link you reference is a scripting language
that runs in the dot net framework, it is not "dot net" itself, nor is it a
microsft product.

"John Smith" wrote in message
Here is quickstart page for getting an overview about dot net--another
scripting languge which uses c type syntax...
http://www.codeproject.com/dotnet/DotNetScript.asp

You know, you can write webpages in "C", as long as your page supplier
provides support for C executibles... run a hundred times faster or more
though... script is good on free webpages though--they usually will not
trust you with c executables running on their free machines--for that--you
have to pay...

Warmest regards,
John
"Hal Rosser" wrote in message
.. .
AH - a fresh perspective. You tell him, Dave!
Java has a good reputation as a development language.
JavaScript is completely different.
VB dot-net (like you said) is beginning to look a lot like Java.-
I'm glad I'm not the only one that noticed that).

Dot-net will unfortunately catch on - because it is M$.

"Dave" wrote in message
first, scriptkiddies are not 'coders', they are idiots who only know

enough
to run scripts that they download from hacker sites.

second, java is a language and it is definately not a 'scripting'

language.
it is a full featured high level language. you might be confusing java

with
javascript. javascript is completely different and should never be
mentioned in the same sentence with java.

finally, there is no one that works in c++ who wants to rename it java,

they
are very different things. however, c# is microsofts attempt to merge

c++
and java, likewise vb.net is their attempt at merging vb and java. how

well
it works is still being worked out i think.