Old May 31st 05, 10:19 PM
I'm NOT DON

Default problem with wireless bridge in workshop to home network

hi all,

running WINXP on a homebuilt athalon XP2600 setup.

i am trying to set up this motorola we800g bridge to my linksys
broadband router. for useage in my workshop to connect back to my
wireless house broadband.

1st problem...in setup
i can setup the moto we800g bridge to a pc, get it configured and then
reboot. in the setup of the bridge, it identifys my house network, and

it appears to configure itself for it and completes. (im not running
anything fancy..no security or encryption)
and i can access the bridge via the http://192.168.30.1 and surf all
around the bridge menu's no problem. the problem is that i cant surf
the net thru it on this one setup PC. the signal strength report of my

network is about 40% so thats more than enought to establisg a
connection. its like it all works but wont connect to the network.

if i can resolve this, i want to hook it to my linksys router to the
bridge so i can setup multiple ethernet shop computers to bridge over
to my home pc.

i have even tried setting up DHCP in the bridge but as soon as i click
restart it
hangs, and even if i reboot, then it wot work atall until i reset the
bridge

thanks
hamradioman2000