Old June 2nd 05, 11:07 AM
Gary

Default 50 DB of Seperation = ? Down From 100 W ?

I'm thinking of installing a coax switch (basically in reverse of it's
normal configuration - two inputs one output ) between two tuner's
outputs. Both are run off of the same 100W transceiver that has two
antenna outputs. That way I can switch between the two tuner's without
having to switch coax connectors etc. The "MFJ" switch lists 50 DB of
separation. According to my calculations ( its been a long time since
I've been in electronics class ! ) that would mean the unused port of
the switch would see about ~ .0015 W applied to it's output?

I wouldn't think that low amount of power would harm the other tuner ?

Thanks in advance.

73 Gary