Old June 4th 05, 08:24 AM
I'm NOT DON

well,
i have tried just connecting the bridge to a 16 port hub that i have
connected to one of the 4 ports on the back of the router, and it didnt
seem to do anything different.

i was told that a bridge was able to be plugged into the WAN port (i
didnt get his email addr) he said he runs or had run that kind of setup
and it worked fine. i still cant get the router to work just on the
computer im setting it up on to surf the net. i can communicate to the
bridge all day long tho' when its directly connected to my pc ethernet
port for setup.

i either need to set up a static IP in the bridge that my router uses
or will allow me to use, or set the bridge for DHCP and have some way
to communicate with it once i reboot after the change, but i think
because its not getting a IP from the router that i dont have an IP to
log into the bridge with.

as another example....with the moto usb adapter i have, it got
configured for DHCP and it requests an IP and the router assigns it
one, then i can surf the net with the spare usb adapter. it seems the
bridge should be just as easy.