Old June 4th 05, 05:13 PM
Caveat Lector

Hi Larry -- Kenwood has an in depth manual on DSP - see TS-870S URL:
http://www.kenwood.net/?do=SupportFi...ry&FileCatID=5

--
CL -- I doubt, therefore I might be !

"larry" wrote in message
Greetings

I have problem which I am hoping this group may be able to help me out
with... First a bit about me to help you out...

I was licenced back in 1964 as ve3fxq.. and still have that same
callsign...

I was in ham radio when sideband was more or less came in.. I was around
when fm and fm repeaters came in.. I was around when packet came in..
etc...

However I seemed to have left ham radio around the mid 90's... Now during
the past couple of years, I have been trying to come back...

I have noticed, however, a strong element of hams talking about digital
signal processing... They say that it allows you to do thinks like
controlling the selectivity much better than we used to do with filters,
etc...

Here is where I need the help... I have looked at websites, which talk
about dsp as if I already know what it is.. and try to sell me on a chip
or
kit or board which is supposted to do dsp.. but I am still trying to find
out how dsp can help me .....

Is there a website which esplains dsp to someone who know basic receiver
consepts and knows 1's and 0's but need help in understanding dsp...

Larry ve3fxq