Old June 6th 05, 06:40 PM
Les

John Plimmer wrote:
I do, I do.
I lived on the English South coast right in the path of the departing C-47's
and their gliders, and even though I was quite young, I remember to this day
that the sky was black with aeroplanes from horizon to horizon and the
thunderous roar they made lives with me to this day.

Canadian troops were bivouacked near our house and they suddenly disappeared
one night. I often wondered how many of those brave men survived the war and
returned to their homes in far off Canada.
http://www.dxing.info/about/dxers/plimmer.dx

"dxAce" wrote in message
Today is the 61st Anniversary of D-Day.

Pause and remember.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

I lived in South Ruislip England from 1954 - 1957. My father was in the
Air Force. There was still quite a bit of rubble and damage in London.
It was only 9 years after the war. I still am in contact with some of
the friends I made back then. The resolve of the British people and
Winston Churchill made a great impression on me as a young man and I
will never forget.

Les Locklear
Monitoring since ' 57
Located on the Gulf of Mexico