Old June 6th 05, 01:52 PM
dxAce

Default D-Day

Today is the 61st Anniversary of D-Day.

Pause and remember.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old June 6th 05, 02:50 PM
Burr

You OK up there?
I see your having very bad weather

Burr

"dxAce" wrote in message
Today is the 61st Anniversary of D-Day.

Pause and remember.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old June 6th 05, 02:52 PM
dxAce

Burr wrote:

You OK up there?
I see your having very bad weather

Not bad here, wound up only getting a little rain last evening. Lots of t-storms
were about though.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old June 6th 05, 03:08 PM
Burr

"dxAce" wrote in message

Burr wrote:

You OK up there?
I see your having very bad weather

Not bad here, wound up only getting a little rain last evening. Lots of
t-storms
were about though.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Good Thank YOU.

30 days and the house closes. maybe 45 days and I'll be off on a 3 month
vacation to check things out. The finish the move and it's done.
Been a long road getting to this point.

Old June 6th 05, 04:07 PM
John Plimmer

I do, I do.
I lived on the English South coast right in the path of the departing C-47's
and their gliders, and even though I was quite young, I remember to this day
that the sky was black with aeroplanes from horizon to horizon and the
thunderous roar they made lives with me to this day.

Canadian troops were bivouacked near our house and they suddenly disappeared
one night. I often wondered how many of those brave men survived the war and
returned to their homes in far off Canada.
http://www.dxing.info/about/dxers/plimmer.dx

Old June 6th 05, 06:40 PM
Les

"dxAce" wrote in message
Today is the 61st Anniversary of D-Day.

Pause and remember.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

I lived in South Ruislip England from 1954 - 1957. My father was in the
Air Force. There was still quite a bit of rubble and damage in London.
It was only 9 years after the war. I still am in contact with some of
the friends I made back then. The resolve of the British people and
Winston Churchill made a great impression on me as a young man and I
will never forget.

Les Locklear
Monitoring since ' 57
Located on the Gulf of Mexico
Bendix R-1015B/URR
Hallicrafters SX-62A
Hammarlund R-274C/FRR (SP-600JX-14)
Ten Tec RX-340
RF Systems MLB - MK2
Quantum QX Loop
CU-2279/BRC Multicoupler
http://www.hammarlund.info/homepage.html

Old June 6th 05, 07:55 PM
John Plimmer

Les, that's an amazing coincidence - my father, was an ex RAF man who served
in North Africa and Italy, lived in South Ruislip and I spent some time
there in 1955 after returning from Africa for a year.
I remember going to visit St. Paul's and was amazed at the wasteland from
the bombing that was still not rebuilt.
Churchill's speeches are one of my favourite CD's which I listen to
frequently.

http://www.dxing.info/about/dxers/plimmer.dx

"Les" wrote in message
oups.com...

Old June 6th 05, 08:06 PM
Les

John Plimmer wrote:
Les, that's an amazing coincidence - my father, was an ex RAF man who served
in North Africa and Italy, lived in South Ruislip and I spent some time
there in 1955 after returning from Africa for a year.
I remember going to visit St. Paul's and was amazed at the wasteland from
the bombing that was still not rebuilt.
Churchill's speeches are one of my favourite CD's which I listen to
frequently.

http://www.dxing.info/about/dxers/plimmer.dx

"Les" wrote in message
oups.com...

"dxAce" wrote in message
[...]

We lived at 185 Victoria Road. My father was a teletype and crypto
technician. I spent many days on weekends at Bletchley Park, Chicksands
and Menwith Hill with him while he was keeping the equipment running. I
even met Churchill in 1956, while he was visiting the communications
center at South Ruislip, he was on the base and my father was in a full
dress uniform for the ceremony, he stopped and talked with us. A
memorable experience!

We lived about 2 blocks from a great fish and chips place. To this day,
I prefer malt vinegar on my fish and chips! A local pub serves them and
I'm a regular.

Les