Old June 7th 05, 02:07 AM
dxAce

"R.F. Collins" wrote:

Besides my obvious plug for ham radio, I was also implying that I
don't believe "AM" can continue to be the standard for shortwave
transmission (due to power costs). I don't really think DRM is the
solution either. SSB is more efficient and can be decoded without the
added costs associated wth a proprietary system.

My point is that for shortwave broadcasting to continue, cost of
transmission and reception will be the top priority. Content is
unfortunately not as important.

Just my carefully disguised opinion. Not so much now.

Well, it was indeed carefully disguised. :-)

dxAce
Michigan
USA