Old June 7th 05, 02:43 PM

Default Masthead TV amplifier - VCR interference

Please help,

I installed a second TV set and a 2-way splitter. The signal was then
slightly too weak and I installed a UHF/VHF 25 dB masthead amplifier. I
have only a UHF antenna so I turned the VHF amplification all the way
down. The splitter is at the end of a fairly long antenna (20m?) cable.
I receive analog television.

I have a very good, clear signal on both TV sets but there is a slight
problem with my VCR.

I feed the antenna signal through the VCR to the TV. The TV channels
are tuned to the antenna signal and I tuned one TV channel to the VCR
output signal. I have a DVD player on the TV AV input. The VCR output
signal shows many thin, faint, horisontal, equally spaced (5mm?),
slowly scrolling lines across the screen on all channels. I don't
remember seeing the lines on a previously recorded playback. This
interference appeared when I installed the amplifier. I tried turning
the amplification down but it does not seem to make a difference. I
also see the lines when the VCR channel is selected and the TV menu is
active, that is, with no received picture displayed.

The VCR is not on the DC-pass output of the splitter.

What should I do? Will a TV trap filter help?

Flip

Pretoria