Old June 7th 05, 11:02 PM
Fred W4JLE

Nonsense Wes, take the case of an antenna that is of sufficient length,
height, or what ever so that at the antenna is exactly R 50 J0.

I feed it with an electrical 1/2 wave length of exactly 450 Ohm feedline.
The 50 Ohms from my antenna is repeated at the other end of the feedline. An
SWR bridge calibrated for 50 Ohms and my rig see 1:1.

Would you deny that the SWR on the feedline is 9:1? What is my SWR?

Can I say I have 1:1 at the ends and 9:1 anywhere on the feedline? I do get
to say it!

Now if you want to argue that it will never be exactly 9:1 because the
feedline is never exactly 450 Ohms, or the antenna has a reactive portion,
you will have to change the subject. No generalization is valid, including
mine that I have a 9:1 by design. But I suspect you already new that and
decided to increase the quantity of fly crap in the pepper.

"Wes Stewart" wrote in message
On Tue, 7 Jun 2005 15:01:23 -0400, "Fred W4JLE"
wrote:
You don't get to say that 1/2 wavelength of it is operating at
9:1 and some other part is operating at something else.