Old June 7th 05, 10:44 PM

On Sun, 05 Jun 2005 06:37:02 -0700, Wes Stewart
wrote:

On Sun, 05 Jun 2005 04:07:47 GMT, "998 cc"
wrote:

Hello, Has anyone tried using 2C39's for 144 Mhz? I happen to have a few
of them and was considering using them for a junkbox amplifier for 2 meter
SSB. I have found several 1296 Mhz amps that use them, but so far, nothing
for 2 meters.

Certainly they will work but I suggest the effort will be more trouble
than it's worth.

I've used them aircooled at 432 but thy are only good for maybe 15W
that way. A pair running grounded grid at 144 would work but for the
it's a lot of work unless you go to the trouble of water cooling. I'd
use 4CX250 before I'd bother with that.

FYI the motorola H44s (a old tube UHF FM business radio used 2C39s for
the driver and final).

Allison