Old June 9th 05, 06:01 AM
Frank Gilliland

On Thu, 09 Jun 2005 02:50:13 GMT, "Jim Hampton"
wrote in :

snip
You have to realize that this administration is playing to knee-jerk
reactionaries that don't have a clue as to what is going on.

I noticed that Howard Dean is doing much the same thing from the other
side of the fence. They should really put a muzzle on that guy.

One of the
"laws" was the banning of gay marriages - which is only ceremonial as it has
to be approved by referendum.

True. I doubt that they ever expected it to stand up in court. But
that doesn't stop the politicians from getting people worked up about
it and taking sides.

This country is going down the tubes.
Weapons of mass destruction - no gay marriage (I'm not suggesting it; simply
stating that it is a simple ploy to divert attention) anything to make our
leaders look good. Nada. Social Security in trouble. Perhaps, but did you
see General Motors is laying off 25,000 folks? Pension plans going belly
up?

Contracts don't mean a thing in a country where bankruptcy is just
another business tactic.

Last year the SUVs did well (big tax rebates for kids. It sounds good,
but diverts attention that the rich get far bigger tax breaks than the guy
with 5 kids making 70,000 per year). Well, a lot of SUVs suddenly appeared
in poverty stricken Rochester, NY. My neighbor suddenly has 2 SUVs! She
was convicted a few years ago of grand larceny. Well, they paid for
retraining. She has a job (I don't believe a particularly good one), and
now has *two* new SUVs! She has a lot of kids.

I wonder what career she was 'retrained' for.

It worked well for 1 year. Now folks will be making balloon payments and
praying that tax refund won't stop. Don't bet the bank. Breaks for the
rich will stay as long as the Republicans are in office, but this country
*cannot* withstand the deficits much longer. And I doubt the tax breaks
(kids included) for the under middle six-figure incomes will continue.

You are absolutely right. This economy has been supported by unsecured
credit for way too long. Have you noticed that the SEC has allowed
stock trading on margin? That's the same irresponsible investment
tactic which led to the 1929 stock market crash. It won't be long.....

You can only blame the poor and working class for so long. Eventually, the
truth will come out. Like with Richard Nixon - but the current spin is that
the lousy turncoat working for the FBI, etc.

Naw, won't happen. Any damning facts are withheld under the cloak of
"national security", and the "truth" is written to benefit those in
power. Unless the Republican party falls to ashes in the next decade
you'll never hear the whole story about the Bush regime.

The spin the current administration puts on things is faster than my 48X cd
rom spins! )

More like a dentist's drill -- LOL!!!