Old June 9th 05, 09:17 PM
Rich Wood

On 5 Jun 2005 18:21:06 GMT, "Mike Terry"
wrote:

When I heard that WCBS FM had changed their format, I felt like someone had
slapped me in the face. I hadn't listened to the station in a long time, but
knowing it existed was like knowing there was a friendly face from the past
still out there, smiling at you.

Let me understand this. You grew up with WCBS-FM but no longer listen
to it yet you want it to stay around just because you know it's there.

You abandoned them. Even worse, you got older and ceased to be of any
value to them. That should be the slap in the face. There are many
things in life that we abandon yet retain fond memories. Is Viacom
obligated to keep WCBS-FM in perpetuity or just until you kick the
bucket?

I'm sure this decision was carefully made by the TV folks running
Infinity. I'm sure they'll give the format time (2 years) to grow and
prosper. I'm sure they won't adopt the TV habit of changing
programming every 6 months.

Have faith that "iPod on Shuffle" is just the awesomely creative new
format radio needs.

Rich