Old June 9th 05, 05:56 PM
dxAce

Lucky wrote:

"Lucky" wrote in message

wrote in message
ups.com...
What is the name of the store in FL where found the receiver for
$150.00?

Thanks,

Frank

Hi Frank,

you can get it he
http://www.si-tex.com/

You can call Curt Dale
Cust. Service Dept.
SI-TEX Marine Elec.
Tele: (727) 576-5734 (ext. 110)
Fax: (727) 576-5547

He knows what this radio is. The only thing is this Nav-Fax 100 doesn't
have a headphone port. The HF3/P that I was going to get from the U.K. did
have one plus a crummy wall wort supply but that was $288 shipped. For the
$150 all you get is the radio, a DC PSU cable with fuse holder and fuse,
and a 30Ft antenna attached to a RCA phone plug.

But you can use any 12DC 300mA PSU.
It does say it uses a regulated one though. They may have one with
"accessories" since there was a check on the box for it that wasn't
checked off in my case.

But the sound is very good for a radio in this category. It's like a
tabletop good portable type radio. British made and built well. Nice fly
wheel action.

I've been playing with it {the radio} all night

Lucky

Hi guys,

BTW, I forgot to mention the supplied DC PSU fused cable does already have
the proper plug attached to it to fit the power jack on the radio so no
adaptaplug needed for it. Plus it does come with a small manual and a list
of frequencies all weather related!

Still getting to know the radio. Some people think you turn it on for 5 min
and know everything about it and how to bring out the best performance from
it.
It takes time to "resonate" with a particular radio. So far I'm liking and
enjoying it.

Wow! When does the next whine start? I'm kinda bored.

dxAce
Michigan
USA