Old June 14th 05, 03:54 AM
Woody

Hey, I'm not slamming you for your choice at all, and I totally understand.
My comments are only related to my research,
I find zero bans on DES/XL for export (from about 98 and later) and several
specific notations on it's exportation allowances.

I guess the point I really didn't say but actually meant was....... they can
be bought for near pennies anywhere and the threat, if any, has nothing to
do with export, it has to do with USA sales. Who cares about the ones we're
"watching", let 'em have DES/XL.... we're listening.
But I'll bet the average terrorist/moron in downtown Wherever is parked on
FRS or MURS and DES/XL-ing his psycho activities all day and simply being
dismissed as static or interference, and you will never know until you see
it on CNN after the smoke clears.
On the coast, Sabers, et.al. are also standard equipment on the cigarette
boats and un-lit docks, and have been for years.
Any yep, not much anyone can do about it at all.

To the best of my knowledge US Title whatever, the munitions act, still
covers any form of encryption devices. While this stuff is very old
technology, I would prefer not to ship it outside the county. Thank you
for the information though.