Old June 13th 05, 03:27 PM
Cencom

Default FS: Motorola Saber VHF

I have for sale a Motorola Saber I VHF 12 channel with a frequency range
of 136-150 MHz. Radio has secure module installed, DVP I believe. Radio
in good working condition. Comes complete with battery, antenna, and
smart charger. Asking $125 plus shipping. Can not ship outside US due to
encryption module.

Reply to

Old June 13th 05, 05:26 PM
Woody

Actually, you can ship DVP and DES/XL out of the country, just not to the
UN-listed terrorist nations.....
[If it is being sold gov't surplus, rest assured it's way behind anything
the [real] gov't is currently using.]
Thank Bill Clinton for that.... oh, and Motorola.... remember the
zillion-dollar deal equipping Red China with DES/XL Sabers?
You know, for governmental assurance of population control? [No, that one
slipped right by everyone, I know. Search it out, see for yourself.]

Motorola asked, Bill put DES/XL on the OK list for a kickback, [this is
where we upgraded to Fascinator or Indictor or whatever]
Motorola made a small country from it, and Red China is now much better
equipped to continue beating
down the 20 billion poverty-level pagans and democratic-minded tyrants that
plague their country.
Go Motorola!

Sorry for the OT....
here's a starting point, but it doesn't cover details....
http://www.newsmax.com/archives/arti...6/190641.shtml

and no, I have no conspiracy theories or similar ideas to share, sorry...

Old June 13th 05, 09:01 PM
Cencom

"Cencom" wrote in message

I have for sale a Motorola Saber I VHF 12 channel with a frequency range of
136-150 MHz. Radio has secure module installed, DVP I believe. Radio in
good working condition. Comes complete with battery, antenna, and smart
charger. Asking $125 plus shipping. Can not ship outside US due to
encryption module.

Reply to

To the best of my knowledge US Title whatever, the munitions act, still
covers any form of encryption devices. While this stuff is very old
technology, I would prefer not to ship it outside the county. Thank you
for the information though.
Old June 14th 05, 03:54 AM
Woody

Hey, I'm not slamming you for your choice at all, and I totally understand.
My comments are only related to my research,
I find zero bans on DES/XL for export (from about 98 and later) and several
specific notations on it's exportation allowances.

I guess the point I really didn't say but actually meant was....... they can
be bought for near pennies anywhere and the threat, if any, has nothing to
do with export, it has to do with USA sales. Who cares about the ones we're
"watching", let 'em have DES/XL.... we're listening.
But I'll bet the average terrorist/moron in downtown Wherever is parked on
FRS or MURS and DES/XL-ing his psycho activities all day and simply being
dismissed as static or interference, and you will never know until you see
it on CNN after the smoke clears.
On the coast, Sabers, et.al. are also standard equipment on the cigarette
boats and un-lit docks, and have been for years.
Any yep, not much anyone can do about it at all.