Old June 21st 05, 01:10 AM
Tim Wescott

I've got 2 hot hamfest finds so far this season and need documentation
both of them. If you have leads on schematics or mauals, I'd ppreciate
hearing from you.

Here are the items:

1. A Heath HA-201A 2 meter fm amplifier. A schematic would allow me to
figure out how to re-bias this amp for linear service. Please note that
this is quite different from the HA-201 (without the "A" suffix) for
which there IS documentation at the BAMA site.

3. A Heath IB-1102 nixie based frequency counter. It's currently in
working condition but it triggers poorly at high frequencies. A
schematic / manual would allwo me to re-adjust it / modify it for more
reiable opearation at 100 MHz.
A kind member of rec.radio.amateur.eqipment was able to get me a
schematic for the similar IB-1101, and it will help some, but one for
the IB-1102 would help more !

The commercial sources for documentation on these 2 items are
asking very high (way more than the cost of the items themselves)
prices for the paper work.

Thanks in advance for any leads.

73,
Lenny W2BVH

As of 15 years ago you could still call up Heath/Zenith and get manuals
for much of the old equipment -- I was astounded when it worked for me.
I have absolutely no idea if they still support the old stuff, but
there's nothing they can do to you over the phone that makes it not
worth a call (unless you know for a fact they don't support the old
heathkit stuff any more).

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services
http://www.wescottdesign.com