Old June 22nd 05, 07:56 AM
Ian White GM3SEK

Roy Lewallen wrote:

But under no circumstances should you actually stoop to reading the
paper you're so fond of criticizing.

Are BLE's original papers available on the web? If not, that does
represent a substantial problem.

Despite having several derivative references, I must admit to never
having seen the originals either. But I do have enough information to
judge BLE's work worthy of respect. Pioneers always deserve an extra
helping of respect because - unlike everyone else, including all their
critics - they didn't have the benefit of perfect hindsight.

On the other hand, that work was done almost three-quarters of a century
ago. If we don't know more than the pioneers did, then we have wasted
their efforts.

--
73 from Ian GM3SEK 'In Practice' columnist for RadCom (RSGB)
http://www.ifwtech.co.uk/g3sek