Old June 22nd 05, 07:12 PM
Steve Nosko

There at least two (ham) places on line that sell old manuals (copies).
Several places on line with free download. I ordered a Heath tube checker
manual from one - don't remember which, but it was a ham.

Here are my bookmarks (all work today):
http://www.sarrio.com/sarrio/products.html
Go down to "Vintage Manuals for radios and test equipment:"
He shows Both of these
Heathkit (C) HA-201A Amplifier $20
Heathkit (C) IB-1102 Freq Counter $32

HEATHKIT KEY
C = COMPLETE MANUAL (EVERYTHING)
F = (F) (Photo, Specs., Schematic)
P = PARTIAL MANUAL (No construction detail)

http://www.btinternet.com/~geoffrey.brown3/manuals/

http://bama.sbc.edu/free.htm
(Looks like you know about this one)

Do a Google on "manuals Ham radio vintage" and you'll get many hits.

73, Steve, K;9.D,C'I

wrote in message
ps.com...
Thanks for the suggestion. I called Zenith (now LG Electronics) twice.
First to talk to "customer service" who never heard of Heathkit and
said they don't carry manuals. She had some trouble formulating a
complete English sentence, so I didn't trust her reply.
My second call was to "parts". After 15 minutes on hold, I decided it
wasn't worth any more time, given the (un) likelihood of a positive
response.
Well, I guess I'll try one more rec.radio.amateur subgroup and see what
happens. Hope springs eternal :-)