Old June 23rd 05, 04:26 AM
mike maghakian

the RF-2200 does not have "real" ceramic filters. like the 2800, there are
just some tuned circuits for selectivity in the wide mode and in the narrow
mode a "transfilter" is switched in.
therefore selectivity is quite cheesy.

to combat this, I am in the process of creating a SUPER RF-2800 !!!!!
I have added an LF-D6 filter in the wide position and will be adding a coax
antenna input for my portable ramsey AA7 custom antenna. I am looking into
other things so soup up. I will report on this as it progresses.

the RF-2200 can be significantly improved with quality ceramic filters.

Radio West in the early 80's used to offer a collins mechanical filter
upgrade for the 2800/2900. My FRG-7700 has two of these upgrade filters, 1.9
and 2.9

wrote in message
oups.com...
Does anyone know what the specs are for the wide and narrow filters,
i.e. the bandwidth and shape factors? I love this radio but the narrow
filter doesn't seem to make very much of a difference to my ears, as
far as interference rejection goes. Has anyone ever replaced either
filter with good results, and what filter did you use? Thanks!