Old June 25th 05, 10:19 AM
Mark

Default Correct cable for 920Mhz Mobile, Yagi

Please could somebody tell me the best cable (compromise between cost
and loss) for use with an external Yagi antenna connected to a mobile
phone. I live in a Very poor reception area, and I need to fit an
external antenna. I have found somewhere that sells 10 element Yagi's,
and I can mount the thing as high as need be, but I read somewhere
that the longer the connecting cable, can negate the benefits of long
mounting poles. I have freinds in the surrounding area that have the
same problem, so I could do with a "rule of thumb" that I can use for
fitting these things. The shop where I got the antenna from is
offering me RG58 cable for this purpose, which is cheap enough, but is
it the best compromise for what I am trying to achieve? Your
assistance would be most welcome.
Mark