Old January 22nd 04, 08:03 PM
Scott Dorsey

K5DH wrote:
There are some projects in the 1960s ARRL Handbooks that might
be of interest to you. I don't recall any 2 or 3 tube designs,
but I do remember some 4 and 5 tubers, all single-conversion
superhets. If you don't have any older Handbooks of your own,
you may find them at your public library.

One of the best receivers I ever built was just an All-American Five with
the front end tuned up for 80M instead of BCB. I would think there would
be no problem doing that for 40M either.

AA5 schematics are easy to find, and all the parts are available from
Antique Electronics Supply. Be careful working on hot chassis circuits.
--scott