Old June 27th 05, 06:13 AM
J. Mc Laughlin

Dear Charlie AD5TH:
You have performed a great service by presenting the results of K5HGR's
engineering and your work. Its educational value is almost beyond
calculation.

In this part of the world one would need to have a licensed professional
engineer (PE) sign off on such a structure. Clearly, down your way one has
freedom to innovate without concern for issues that we are required to
consider.

My goodness. I recently completed a task of a tall tower in a populated
area where I had to have design work from the factory's PE, have that work
reviewed by a local PE, get permission from the local municipality, have
the airport sign off on the height, take soil samples so that a safe
foundation could be designed, watch the fabrication of the foundation to
make sure that it was done right, and on and on... Course, we do get
serious wind up here and it just would not do to kill someone with a tower
collapse.

You sure are fortunate not to have all of the things we have to put up
with and not even have to worry about wind. Do keep us posted. The whole
story has yet to be revealed.

73 Mac N8TT
--
J. Mc Laughlin; Michigan U.S.A.