Old January 23rd 04, 10:23 PM
Mike Knudsen

In article . net, "Phil
Nelson" writes:

This is almost too dumb to mention, but after years of struggling to prop up
heavy chassis on my workbench, it finally occurred to me to screw some heavy
corner braces into the chassis mounting holes.

Great idea, but what about a chassis that has no holes in it for the bolts to
go thru? Most readers of this newsgroup would not like to drill new holes in a
vintage chassis.

For years I have put off repairing my Philco 38-116, because its huge chassis
has projecting studs that prevent it from resting on its sides on the bench. I
will probably sell this radio (console) as-is before building something to hold
the chassis.
--Mike K.

Oscar loves trash, but hates Spam! Delete him to reply to me.