Old June 29th 05, 01:45 AM
Mike Coslo

robert casey wrote:
Mike Coslo wrote:

They had a pretty nice article.

The local rag had an article on our local club as well.

We've had a good relationship with the local press. Always make a press
release (often two - one several weeks before the event, and one the
week before) And we always greet them warmly and give them a good tour.
If we make it a pleasant experience, they are more likely to come back.
I know that sounds strange when talking about reporters - but not all
are investigative reporters. Those doing local and human interest are
usually looking for something good to write.

The paper had a picture of the guy who was the ARRL
section rep at a table with the transceivers and linears.
There was some grumbling on the local repeater about
that.... But there's always these small ****ing contests
in any area....

Hehe. I can just imagine. But that is how news stories work out. We
don't have much control over the situation. Who knows what makes them
choose the pictures they print...

- Mike KB3EIA -