Old July 1st 05, 01:21 AM
Dan/W4NTI

"Michael Coslo" wrote in message
Kim wrote:

"Michael Coslo" wrote in message

What is more important:

1. Having a license that allows HF access.

2. Not having to learn Morse code.

IOW, is standing on principle, and refusing to learn Morse code a better
thing than learning it to get the priveliges?

- Mike KB3EIA -

Hi Mike:

I think you know I don't "hate" Morse Code. I, personally, never really
wished to try it out; just like I have never really tried SCTV, anything
digital (except for APRS--if that can be considered digital), ATV, etc.
think you get my point. Since I have ever first perused this newsgroup,
except for a few real jerks, I'd believe that most of "us" who just don't
wander into other means of communication--including Morse Code--are
pretty
much the same as I am. I absolutely support those who use the mode (as I
do
anyone who uses and/or invents any other modes), am willing to honor the
tradition of Morse Code (as I honor the tradition of other steadfast
things
in amateur radio), and hold no animosity for anyone--OTHER than the
"idiots"
on both sides of the floor (as it would be stated in political terms ).

For me, it was never a matter of wanting HF privileges that much, and I
learned the 5wpm needed to get the privileges I was happy with. So,
could
you do me a favor? Please rethink your phrase "Morse Code Haters." I
don't
think most of us feel that strongly about it.

Yeah, "haters" was the wrong choice of word in retrospect.

- Mike KB3EIA -

No it's not Mike. There are Morse Code haters out there. Lennie the
loser is one of the main ones.

Dan/W4NTI