Old September 5th 03, 06:54 AM
Roy Lewallen

For Vfwd1 = 1 volt or the value of your choice at the input end of the
line, fill in the following blanks:

At the input end of the lossy line:

Vref1 = volts
Vfwd2 = volts
Vref2 = volts
Ifwd1 = amps
Iref1 = amps
Ifwd2 = amps
Iref2 = amps
V = volts
I = amps
P = watts

At the output end of the lossy line:

Vfwd1 = volts
Vref1 = volts
Vfwd2 = volts
Vref2 = volts
Ifwd1 = amps
Iref1 = amps
Ifwd2 = amps
Iref2 = amps
V = volts
I = amps
P = watts

Feel free to toss in values for as many Pf's and Pr's as you think there
are, at both ends of the line.

That's what you're going to have to do to get me to pay attention to
you. Volts, amps, watts. If it's beneath your dignity, too complicated,
too simple, too much work, too boring, or any other excuse, that's
perfectly ok. I'll just continue ignoring your hand-waving. (Which is,
come to think of it, probably a great relief anyway.)

Roy Lewallen, W7EL

Cecil Moore wrote:
Roy Lewallen wrote:

Frankly, I haven't paid any attention to your ducking, dodging, and
hand-waving. You haven't been able to produce an analysis showing the
voltages, currents, and powers in the same simple circuit I analyzed.
As far as I'm concerned, nothing you've posted constitutes a proof of
anything.

If one leads a horse to water and it refuses to drink, digging another
lake is just a waste of time. Analyze the following and see if you
get the same results. I'm betting you will catch your error.

Z0=68-j39
---lossy feedline---+---1WL 50 ohm lossless line---10+j50 load
Vfwd1-- Vfwd2--
--Vref1 --Vref2

Vfwd1 = Vfwd1*rho1 + Vfwd1*tau1 one forward, one reflected component

Vref2 = Vref2*rho2 + Vref2*tau2 one forward, one reflected component

Vref1 = Vfwd1*rho1 + Vref2*tau2 both reflected components added together

Vfwd2 = Vfwd1*tau1 + Vref2*rho2 both forward components added together

Note that every voltage has two components. You chose only one component
for your Vfwd. You ignored the other component of Vfwd. Hint: you cannot
have voltages left over from calculating the total forward voltage and
the total reflected voltage.