Old July 6th 05, 05:14 AM
Conan Ford

Default Degen news

From www.radiointel.com

1) Apparently the Degen DE-1106 will not be sold as such, it has been
sold to a foreign company. I assume that this means Degen will produce it
and sell it to a company like Eton.

2) The Degen DE-1104 has been announced, analog tuning, dual
conversion, with a numeric frequency counter. Supposedly the same
performance of the DE-1103 but with analog tuning.

I am surprised that a radio with "4" in the name would be produced, since
the word for "4" in both main Chinese dialects sounds the same as the word
for "death," and thus is considered unlucky. However, it sounds like such
a radio is most suited for the mass Chinese market, more so than a radio
like the 1103, which is probably quite expensive by Chinese standards.

Selling the rights to the DE-1106 to someone like Eton makes sense, they
can probably profit more from it that way. I know, maybe it will replace
the E1!