Old July 6th 05, 05:14 AM
Conan Ford

Default Degen news

From www.radiointel.com

1) Apparently the Degen DE-1106 will not be sold as such, it has been
sold to a foreign company. I assume that this means Degen will produce it
and sell it to a company like Eton.

2) The Degen DE-1104 has been announced, analog tuning, dual
conversion, with a numeric frequency counter. Supposedly the same
performance of the DE-1103 but with analog tuning.

I am surprised that a radio with "4" in the name would be produced, since
the word for "4" in both main Chinese dialects sounds the same as the word
for "death," and thus is considered unlucky. However, it sounds like such
a radio is most suited for the mass Chinese market, more so than a radio
like the 1103, which is probably quite expensive by Chinese standards.

Selling the rights to the DE-1106 to someone like Eton makes sense, they
can probably profit more from it that way. I know, maybe it will replace
the E1!

Old July 6th 05, 06:35 AM
Telamon

In article 9,
Conan Ford wrote:

From www.radiointel.com

[...]

We should add "4" to Unocal then.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20050706/..._dc;_ylt=AkTab
pG5UxINn.401fCly7JvaA8F;_ylu=X3oDMTBiMW04NW9mBHNlY wMlJVRPUCUl

I was listening to radio China's business update on the 9 MHz band this
morning and they did not sound so strident. I think oil and China are
going to become a bigger issue for us than Iraq and the war on terror.

The opening shot has been buying our debt of which they are the majority
holder.

This is just the second shot on us using the piles of US dollars they
have accumulated.

More to come just keep buying Chinese made stuff.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old July 6th 05, 12:27 PM
Dan

( Bit more info from www.radiointel.com )

1. DE1104 is unique with a lot of functions - analog and digital
(PLL).
2. Performance claimed to be the same as DE1103 but with a lower price
than the, DE1102, DE1103, DE1105, and only more expensive than DE1107.
Hence it has a high cost/performance ratio.
3. DE1104 will go to market the same time as it does in the U.S.

The U.S. version will have additional Air Band and Weather band
function and will not sell on the China market. From now on new Degen
radios will go to U.S. market at same time as in China.
4. Development of the DE1104 is complete and will go into production at
this time.
Jun 28

From www.radiointel.com

Old July 6th 05, 12:31 PM
Dan

More to come just keep buying Chinese made stuff.

Software made in India, Products Manufactured in China....

China has a superhighway system second in size only to the U.S...

- Now, what will the price of Oil go to
when All those Chinese highways
are filled with cars

??

Old July 6th 05, 03:07 PM
Rufus Leaking

Now, what will the price of Oil go to
when All those Chinese highways
are filled with cars

status quo, you do know that there are some 160 million cars on the
road already in china, second only to the US. But they're 10-15 years
behind on pollution control, so Seattle, that smog cloud is from
Shanghai!!!

seriously.

Old July 6th 05, 03:16 PM
an_old_friend

Rufus Leaking wrote:
Now, what will the price of Oil go to
when All those Chinese highways
are filled with cars

status quo, you do know that there are some 160 million cars on the
road already in china, second only to the US. But they're 10-15 years
behind on pollution control, so Seattle, that smog cloud is from
Shanghai!!!

seriously.

not yet thank god but ask Japan and Indonesia

Old July 9th 05, 05:44 PM
Conan Ford

By the way, here was what was going to be the DE-1106:

http://www.radiointel.com/Radpic/degen_de1106_fax.jpg

and the 1104:

http://www.radiointel.com/Radpic/degen_de1104.jpg

I assume the 1106 will be produced instead for someone like Eton.
Old July 10th 05, 12:29 AM
RHF

RL,