Old July 6th 05, 10:28 PM
balajisu

Default lumped balun

hi guys

i'm trying to characterise a Minicircuits balun from 10ohz to 40mhz.
and also trying to design a lumped elements balun with similar
performance of the characterised balun from MiniCircuits.

I'm trying to synthesis the balun using Genesys tool.
I have ocme to a conclusion that i won't be able to achieve the balun
for the whole range.

I jus have a crazy thought.. if incase i design three balun
corresponding to these bands -100hz to 1mhz , 1mhz to 10mhz and 10mhz
to 40mhz. Is there anyway i can combine these three structures to
achieve a balun which would from 100hz to 40mhz..

if you guys think the above idea is really crazy do pour in valuable
suggestions regardng this issue.

thanks

balaji