Old February 13th 04, 02:51 PM
- - Bill - -

Joe Bento wrote:
I think some people have a problem filling out the little green customs
declarations. In any of my Ebay sales, I've never sent a package to PR.
Though a territory / US Commonwealth, I don't know if one is required
or not. However, I'll ship any non-restricted item world-wide. After
all, the buyer pays the postage.

Why would you need to fill out a "little green Customs form" to send
something within the US? Thats what I'm talking about...people don't
seem to know what is included in their own country.

Fedex and UPS Air often require filling out a "Commercial Invoice" form
for Puerto Rico because they, at a corporate level, don't consider PR as
part of the US for convenience because of the local taxes that are
imposed on certain imported items. More importantly that distinction
gives them the right to charge international rates rather than domestic.
Last time I bought a used car in SC and registered it in NC I had to
pay local tax but I didn't have to present a Customs Declaration.

-Bill KP4