Old July 19th 05, 03:16 AM
Jack

Default RF Hearing Aids

Ok being an old Artilleryman myself....I'm getting new hearing aids from the
VA tomorrow. They are called Cross hearing aids and it consists of a
transmitter...a reciever and a single AF amplifier.....Being deaf in my
right ear the hearing aid in that side picks up sound and transmits it to my
left ear on 1.8 MHZ

Then both sides are amplified to the needed level by the left hearing
aid...Power output is so low that the range is only about a foot at best.

Wild eh?

I'll try to add a link or two with technical info soon.....So tell me
....will I be able to hear CW near 1.8 MHZ ?.....Will I hear static crashes
from nearby thunder storms?

Just wondering...

Jack