Old July 19th 05, 03:16 AM
Jack

Default RF Hearing Aids

Ok being an old Artilleryman myself....I'm getting new hearing aids from the
VA tomorrow. They are called Cross hearing aids and it consists of a
transmitter...a reciever and a single AF amplifier.....Being deaf in my
right ear the hearing aid in that side picks up sound and transmits it to my
left ear on 1.8 MHZ

Then both sides are amplified to the needed level by the left hearing
aid...Power output is so low that the range is only about a foot at best.

Wild eh?

I'll try to add a link or two with technical info soon.....So tell me
....will I be able to hear CW near 1.8 MHZ ?.....Will I hear static crashes
from nearby thunder storms?

Just wondering...

Jack

Old July 19th 05, 01:10 PM

transmits it to my left ear on 1.8 MHZ

Does your right ear send good QSL cards?

Tim.

Old July 19th 05, 01:21 PM
John S.

Wild...I guess that is sort of an inverse stereo effect...grin.

I've used Canta 7 aids for about 3 years now and love 'em. What a
difference over the analog units they replaced.

Old July 19th 05, 03:01 PM
Jack

Well I got em!

The transmitter is on 1.802 mhz verified by my Icom 718.

It was a pretty cool moment!..since I havent heard much for about 20 years
now....I really like em!...I'll try to get a buddy a couple miles away to
send me some CW tonight on "MY" Frequency! LOL

oups.com...

Old July 19th 05, 03:30 PM
John S.

That's quite a product...you will be hearing a lot more now.

Old July 19th 05, 03:31 PM
Jack

Heres the info on mine

http://www.interton.com/fileadmin/in.../IQ_CM_WLX.pdf

Output is .8 Milliwatts.....Super QRP!

Jack

Old July 19th 05, 10:08 PM
Jack

Holy Smokes!

I'm sitting here minding my own bizz and reading how these hearing aids are
AM...not FM on 1.8 mhz.....I'm listening to the local AM station on the
IC-718 when I notice static crashes on the radio....an incoming thunder
storm so I pull the plugs and antenna connector.

The static didnt stop....Its coming through the hearing aids! LOL

Old July 19th 05, 10:39 PM

I need to clean the earwax out of my right ear,that will aid my hearing.
cuhulin

Old July 19th 05, 10:43 PM

I got a little bottle of Murine Ear Drops Carbamide Peroxide Ear Wax
Removal Aid stuff.
cuhulin

I'm hearing a shortwave broadcast on MW [email protected] Shortwave 8 March 10th 05 11:11 PM
Peaked and Tuned Dan CB 108 May 15th 04 03:48 PM
FCC Amateur Radio Enforcement Letters for the Period Ending May 1, 2004 private General 0 May 10th 04 09:39 PM
Hearing Aids/ RF Emmissions Bill Brannick Equipment 14 April 25th 04 05:22 AM
Hearing Aids/ RF Emmissions Bill Brannick Equipment 0 April 16th 04 10:47 PM