Old February 29th 04, 04:49 AM
Roger Halstead

On 25 Feb 2004 12:31:47 -0800, (harry) wrote:

Hi Folks:
A guy at work bought his old guitar amp to get looked at. The
tech said he needed new tubes. (probably really doesn't). However, I
needed to bring in my 833A and said he needed 2 tubes like this!! He
was hysterical!
The tech and I got talking about BIG glass tubes. I was wondering if
anyone knows of a bigger glass tube than 833a , 852 , 861, 4-1000a
etc.

I don't have a photo of it, but I had a 6C21 on 80, 40, and 20. Twas a
bear to neutralize. It looked like a 250 TH on steroids and was about
16 to 18 inches tall.

OTOH, there are many tubes in the multi KW range that are Huge. I've
seen pictures of "walk in" tubes that had an air lock.

(N833R, S# CD-2 Worlds oldest Debonair)
www.rogerhalstead.com

Thanks!
Harry