Old March 3rd 04, 10:31 AM
John Crighton

Default Bridge Megger Tester. Series 2. 500 Volt.

Hello All,
I have googled around the net hoping to find
some information like an operators/repair booklet
for a Bridge Megger Tester. Series 2. 500 Volt.
Made by Evershed and Vignoles.
No luck yet.

Plenty of info on really old models but not much info
on 30 year old models.

This model has two rotary switches under the leather
carrying stap.
one switch is labled Bridge Insulation Varley
The other switch is a 5 position reistance multiplier switch.

On the side opposite the winding handle there are
three terminals Earth Line Varley Earth

The instrument works well for insulation testing.
Resistance measurement in the Bridge mode works
but not very accurate. There are four switches
that have ten positions. 0 to 9 so the accuracy
should be good.

"Varley Test" I dont know anything about this.
Just wondering if anyone can shed some light.

www.megger.com say it is too old. No help there.

Thanks for reading, all info appreciated.

Regards,
John Crighton
Sydney