Old July 29th 05, 09:11 PM
Andy100

Default Anyone experience with "Channel Stalker" feature on Pro83 ?

Has anyone had any experience, good or bad, with the "Channel Stalker"
feature on the PRO83 handheld scanner. I'm sure i have seen this being asked
in here before but cannot find the answer.

I am thinking of buying one of these and had a few questions:

1) I assumed that the "Channel Stalker" feature would instantly find the
frequency of, say a PMR radio across the road, or taxi over the road, am i
right in thinking that (assuming the frequency the mobile was transmitting
on was within the limits of the scanner)

2) Do ALL Pro83's come with this feature. I know the Bearcat UBC72XLT
doesn't, while the BC72XLT does ! - is it the same for this scanner, or do
they ALL have the feature on ?

3) Which is better ? Channel Stalker, or Uniden's "Close Call", or are they
similar technologies ?

Thanks for any help. Just need a bit of info before buying. I have Googled
for Channels Stalker, but there doesn't seem to be a lot of info out there.

Cheers
Andrew