Old July 30th 05, 08:51 AM
Andy100

Thanks both for the good info there, one further thing, does it pick up the
frequency instantly ??. Say i saw someone using a radio (transmitting) and i
turned the "Signal Stalker" on, would it find the signal before he has
stopped transmitting (i.e. within a second or so) ????

Cheers
Andy

"Buzzygirl" wrote in message

1) I assumed that the "Channel Stalker" feature would instantly find the
frequency of, say a PMR radio across the road, or taxi over the road, am

right in thinking that (assuming the frequency the mobile was

transmitting
on was within the limits of the scanner)

I have the Pro 83. Yeah, that is how it works, but I find that I have to

be
pretty close to a radio source before this feature will pick it up, unless
it's a really strong source. A PMR across the road or nearby taxi (like
within 1/4-1/2 mile) should be reachable.

I like this scanner. It picks up everything my Pro 95 does, except of

course
the Pro 83 is not a trunking radio.

Jackie