Old August 6th 05, 04:17 PM
David

On Sat, 6 Aug 2005 09:51:52 -0500, wrote:

Lars Larson seems A OK to me,I listen to him on my radio.Stealing from
the Children (Children's Charity) is beyond the lowest of the lowest.It
doesn't get more rotten than that!
cuhulin

Statement:
If the allegations of mismanagement and corruption at Gloria Wise Boys
and Girls Club are true, it is absolutely disgraceful.

As reported in the Wall Street Journal and the HBO Documentary, Left
of the Dial‚ the company that the Gloria Wise Boys & Girls Club
officials gave money to, Progress Media, has been defunct since May
2004. That company was run at the time by Evan Cohen who has not had
any involvement in Air America Radio since May 2004.

The current owners of Air America Radio have no obligation to Progress
Media's business activities. We are very disturbed that Air America
Radio's good name could be associated with a reduction in services for
young people, which is why we agreed months ago to fully compensate
the Gloria Wise Boys & Girls Club as a result of this transaction.

We at Air America Radio strongly believe in the mission of Boys and
Girls Clubs to provide a safe and nurturing place for young people to
learn and grow. As a result, we recently allowed the same club, Gloria
Wise Boys & Girls Club, to use our name in a fundraising effort for a
summer camp for children in their community.

The funding for Camp Air America was raised and collected entirely by
the Gloria Wise Boys & Girls Club, and Air America promoted the camp
on air and urged support for it. A link on our web site sent those
interested in contributing to the camp to the Gloria Wise web site.
Regrettably, the camp did not survive the closure of the Gloria Wise
organization. We have offered any individuals who contributed to the
camp as a result of Air America's promotion the option of a refund
paid for by Air America Radio and the Club offered the alternative
option of having their donation redirected to Kip's Bay Boys and Girls
Club.
http://www.airamericaradio.com/press/gloriawise

Try listening to something that doesn't make you stupid once in a
while.

www.thomhartmann.com