Old August 6th 05, 05:21 AM

Default Airhead America network.

I got an email from Lars Larson tonight at one of my other webtv
addresses.He says read the fishwrapper.Airhead America took money from a
childrens charity to finance it's operation.David Reinhard will have a
column on the Air America in Sunday's Oregonian.If you email Lars Larson
at Lars can tell you more about it.Oregonian has a
website,I think.Lars is on the air right now.
cuhulin

Old August 6th 05, 03:51 PM

Lars Larson seems A OK to me,I listen to him on my radio.Stealing from
the Children (Children's Charity) is beyond the lowest of the lowest.It
doesn't get more rotten than that!
cuhulin

Old August 6th 05, 04:17 PM
David

On Sat, 6 Aug 2005 09:51:52 -0500, wrote:

Lars Larson seems A OK to me,I listen to him on my radio.Stealing from
the Children (Children's Charity) is beyond the lowest of the lowest.It
doesn't get more rotten than that!
cuhulin

Statement:
If the allegations of mismanagement and corruption at Gloria Wise Boys
and Girls Club are true, it is absolutely disgraceful.

As reported in the Wall Street Journal and the HBO Documentary, Left
of the Dial‚ the company that the Gloria Wise Boys & Girls Club
officials gave money to, Progress Media, has been defunct since May
2004. That company was run at the time by Evan Cohen who has not had
any involvement in Air America Radio since May 2004.

The current owners of Air America Radio have no obligation to Progress
Media's business activities. We are very disturbed that Air America
Radio's good name could be associated with a reduction in services for
young people, which is why we agreed months ago to fully compensate
the Gloria Wise Boys & Girls Club as a result of this transaction.

We at Air America Radio strongly believe in the mission of Boys and
Girls Clubs to provide a safe and nurturing place for young people to
learn and grow. As a result, we recently allowed the same club, Gloria
Wise Boys & Girls Club, to use our name in a fundraising effort for a
summer camp for children in their community.

The funding for Camp Air America was raised and collected entirely by
the Gloria Wise Boys & Girls Club, and Air America promoted the camp
on air and urged support for it. A link on our web site sent those
interested in contributing to the camp to the Gloria Wise web site.
Regrettably, the camp did not survive the closure of the Gloria Wise
organization. We have offered any individuals who contributed to the
camp as a result of Air America's promotion the option of a refund
paid for by Air America Radio and the Club offered the alternative
option of having their donation redirected to Kip's Bay Boys and Girls
Club.
http://www.airamericaradio.com/press/gloriawise

Try listening to something that doesn't make you stupid once in a
while.

www.thomhartmann.com

Old August 6th 05, 04:35 PM
dxAce

David wrote:

[...]

You should do the same and NOT listen to Air America... 'tard boy, as it seems
to have turned what was left of your drug addled brain into pure mush.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old August 6th 05, 04:37 PM

I sure do believe Lars Larson more than I believe you.
cuhulin

Old August 6th 05, 04:43 PM

A few years ago,Lars Larson emailed me (so did Roger Fredinburg,
www.regularguy.com) they said they want to visit Mississippi.
www.larslarson.com I told them,Well,what are y'all www.yall.com
waitin on?
cuhulin

Old August 6th 05, 05:27 PM
David

On Sat, 6 Aug 2005 10:37:19 -0500, wrote:

I sure do believe Lars Larson more than I believe you.
cuhulin

That's because you don't live in his hometown.

''Attention, Rush Limbaugh and everyone else who thought that liberal
talk radio couldn’t work: Portland is proving otherwise. At least if
you believe the folks who measure listenership.
The spring Arbitron ratings show that KPOJ (620 AM), which carries
the upstart Air America Network with Al Franken, Randi Rhodes, et al.,
has made huge strides since its March 30 launch.
In the important 25-54 age category, KPOJ ranks third in the
Portland market with a 4.9 share (which means a 4.9 percent share of
the listening audience). It’s ahead of all other AM stations and
finished behind top-ranked country-music KUPL (98.7 FM) and No.
2-ranked adult rock station KINK (101. 9 FM).
In a three-month period, KPOJ went from 12,000 listeners to almost
80,000 listeners per week, with little promotion or marketing.
Previously KPOJ had been airing golden oldies, drawing a 1 percent
share.
With numbers like that, KPOJ’s success could very well spawn other
stations featuring “progressive” talk in Portland and around the
country where underperforming stations may be looking for a new
format.
“There are a lot of stations out there that were just kind of
watching and waiting to see what happened,” said KPOJ Program Director
Tony Coles. “My guess is that for Air America and for Ed Schultz, the
phones will be ringing off the hooks once stations see the Portland
numbers.” Schultz, whose show can be heard on KPOJ from noon to 3
p.m., is syndicated through the Jones Radio Network rather than Air
America.
Of the 16 stations around the country where Air America is
featured, Portland is the biggest success story, showing the most
substantial growth. It also was one of only a handful of stations that
carried Air America from the beginning, when financial problems almost
sunk the network in its first month.
In the midday period from10 a.m. to 3 p.m., Air America’s Al
Franken and Schultz rank No. 1, leaving Limbaugh, KPAM’s (860 AM) Sean
Hannity and KXL’s (750 AM) Lars Larson in their wake.
However, when measured by listeners ages 12-plus throughout the
day, KPOJ is in 11th place overall with a 3.7 share. KEX (1190 AM) is
in sixth place with a 4.2 share, and KXL is eighth with a 4 share.
The hour-to-hour breakdowns had not been released at press time, so
it’s not yet known whether Franken actually beats Limbaugh
head-to-head from 9 a.m. to noon.
KPOJ is owned by Clear Channel Communications, which also owns KEX,
the home of Limbaugh. In the mornings — from 6 a.m. to 10 a.m. — KPOJ
ended up in ninth place in the 25-54 age group, ahead of No. 11 KEX,
which took a serious hit from its sister station.
As long as we’re keeping track, the 6 a.m. to 10 a.m. ratings
indicate that Howard Stern on KUFO (101.1 FM) is No. 1 in the mornings
among listeners 25-54, with a 7.6 share. He’s followed by KGON (92.3
FM),KUPL, KKCW (103.3 FM) and KWJJ (99.5 FM).
The Arbitron ratings are based on listener weekly diaries, and
theories abound about how accurate — or inaccurate — they are. Some
inside the industry speculate that fans of KPOJ and what it stands for
are writing down in the Arbitron diaries more hours than they really
tune in for.
But Arbitron is the only radio ratings game around, and advertisers
have little else to go on.
“People have created their own bumper stickers and yard signs in
support of the station,” says Mary Lou Gunn, market manager of Clear
Channel Radio Portland.
For Air America, it’s still early in the game. To ensure its
survival, the network must pick up stations in dozens of markets and
needs to grow audience in places such as New York and Los Angeles. But
in Portland, it’s on a definite roll.''

http://www.portlandtribune.com/archview.cgi?id=25525