Old August 12th 05, 02:27 PM
Marc Delporte

To all

Thanks for the answers.

I should have precise that I was looking to overlaid "HF" horizontal antenna
patterns with azimuthal maps.

2 software for the azimuthal maps :

- from SM3GSJ software GCM : free, simple, and does work well

http://hem.passagen.se/sm3gsj/

- and PIZZA : will be fine if it does interface with Mininec, Eznec, ...

I do understand that HF propagation (long distance, iono, ...) is an other
topic.

However, I would like "first" to understand "the effect of terrain" on the
vertical patterns with software like

Terrain Analysis K6STI or HF Terrain Assessment N6BV (see my specific post
on that).

Note : Thanks for the links for VHF - UHF programs such as : UKW Tools G4KLX
or Radio Mobile Deluxe VE2DBE

73'

Marc F1GSN

"Marc Delporte" a écrit dans le message de news:
Hello

In ARRL 1974 :

By tracing the directional pattern of the antenna system on a sheet of
tissue paper, then placing the paper over the azimuthal map,

the "coverage" of the antenna will be readily evident.

I suppose that in 2005, this could be done with computers !

I'm looking for such software !

Any ideas, any experiences ?

73'

Marc F1GSN