Old August 12th 05, 05:51 PM
Frank Dresser

"Justín Käse" wrote in message
news:42fb6a26.2500165@chupacabra...

So when you get the $200B for all your junk, there's only more Chinese
junk to spend it on because all American suppliers have been outsourced,
and it gets to be a big circle with an unpredictable foreign player
occupying a major part of the circumference.
--

JK

My job very well could get outsourced to China. We've already lost
considerable business, management tells us how much cheaper Chinese workers
are, and so on. So, I figure, why don't we import more Chinese? I don't
mean Chinese products, I mean Chinese workers. Hell, if some Chinese guy
wants to do my job, let him do it here, on the same machines I run. Just
let me get my cut.

Let me, and everyone else, whose job is threated by a low-pay Chinese worker
bring in a few of those Chinese workers. The factory could hire them at
half pay, and the threatened American worker (now the Labor Importer) could
take half of that. Four imported Chinese workers and the Labor Importer
would be back where he started, with no work to do but paper work. It's a
win-win-win situation!!

Of course, my imagined pay rate is purely speculative. The Labor Importer
might get even more attractive rates with larger numbers of imported Chinese
workers. Who knows how low the pay rate might go? 25%? 10%? 1%?? Why,
we might see American built cars selling for $3000, American built computers
selling for $30 and American made shoes for $3!!

Well, if all of that happens, I'll leave the Labor Importer business to
somebody else. I'll use my $200 Billion to become a real estate speculator.
You think 30 million illegal immigrants have helped drive up real estate
prices near absurd levels? Just wait 'till the hordes of Chinese workers
come here! We might see modest homes in so-so neighborhoods selling for $3
million!! I'm tellin' ya -- we'll all be rich!!!

Frank Dresser