Old August 13th 05, 09:16 AM
Brian Howie

In message , Cecil Moore
writes
Marc Delporte wrote:
By tracing the directional pattern of the antenna system on a sheet
of tissue paper, then placing the paper over the azimuthal map,
the "coverage" of the antenna will be readily evident.
I suppose that in 2005, this could be done with computers !
I'm looking for such software ! Any ideas, any experiences ?

The radiation pattern can, of course be obtained from EZNEC.
Free demo version available at www.eznec.com

The azimuthal map can be obtained from PIZZA.
Free at www.tonnesoftware.com

These two can be overlaid to obtain the graphic that you
desire. The latest version of PIZZA is supposed to take the
output data from EZNEC and plot it centered at a point on
the earth. I haven't had time to try the new version yet.

Wow. I've just tried this using the .csv output from MMANA and
converting via excel. The output of 4NEC2 works as well. I was able plot
the 4 antennas we used on the UK VHF NFD recently very quickly.

There's a couple of bugs. The locator square seems to be one small
square out and I get a glitch on a couple of the patterns. Otherwise
it's pretty good.

73 Brian GM4DIJ
--
Brian Howie