Old August 21st 05, 04:24 AM

From: David Stinson on Aug 20, 5:34 pm

K4YZ wrote:

The result has been a near-decade long rant against anything and
everything that is "Amateur Radio" related. Nothing done by/with/for
Amateur Radio/Amateur Radio Operators is "worthy" or "valid". Anyone
with an Extra class licesne is a "thug", "jackboot", "Nazi", "elitist",
etc etc etc.

Alas, Steve; the world is full of people like that, who don't understand
why they should not be *given* that for which they have not worked
and which they have not earned.

David, you are relatively new to THIS din of inequity and haven't
been exposed to the Wrath of Stevie when you have Opposed his
personal opinions! :-)

Robeson has seldom, very seldom argued a SUBJECT in here, choosing
instead to launch a series of Personal Attacks on anyone daring
to oppose him on anything. Some Google searching will show that
in sufficient quantity (thousands of postings insulting others)
to bear that out. [the best referene on his personal frustrations
anguish, and hatred displayed for all to see]

In the last eight years in here, I've written (and opined) that
United States amateur radio activity is interesting and fun for
those who take a real part in it, for their personal enjoyment as
an avocational pursuit. Having BEGUN HF radio communications in
1953 and NEVER having had to use/operate/know morse code then or
at any time in a successful career as an electronics design
engineer (I am retired - from regular hours), I feel that morse
code testing for a radio AMATEUR license is unwarranted and the
mystique around it ridiculous.

If you wish to see where I began in communications 52 years ago:

http://kauko.hallikainen.org/history...s/My3Years.pdf

They become bitter and hateful adults
(being forced to give up taunting and pitching fits
after about 16... one would hope).

David, you are free to think anything you wish of me, but in the
reality of the newsgroup, it won't matter a great deal to me. I
will remain as outspoken as ever. :-) All that nastygrams do is
to take up space and a tiny amount of time in showing just how
vacuuous and puerile such commentary is...

They have other sociopathic characteristics, as well.

Robeson's long history of postings in here reads like a Psych 101
introductory precis on Sociopathy. :-)

Probably raised by "Dr. Spock" parents.

Not in my case. :-) I was raised by naturalized citizen
(born in Sweden) parents in the 1930s and 1940s. Benjamin Spock
probably had not yet entered college yet...and certainly hadn't
begun any PhD Dissertation. :-)

David, you were born in 1957 and are 48 years old. I have MORE
years as an adult working for a living than you have in total
life experience. Now, I've read your Comment on WT Docket 05-235
and agree with you that morse code testing has no place in federal
amateur radio licensing examinations. On the veneration of morse
code itself, we differ markedly. We can confine any public
discussions on WT Docket 05-235 to that and avoid personal
squabbling such as demonstrated by Robeson and Jeswald...or not.
Your choice. But, "ya gotta know da territory!" first... :-)

RTF NCM