Old August 26th 05, 01:07 PM
K4YZ

From: Dave Heil on Aug 25, 7:12 pm

wrote:
From: on Aug 25, 2:42 pm
K4YZ wrote:
Dave Heil wrote:
Frank Gilliland wrote:

If fact,
Jimmie Noserve took me to task about being a "rear-area" type.
I guess all those books he read (to become an expert on warfare)
didn't tell him that NOBODY got to "choose" where they were
assigned.

But it is true, isn't it, that you were so far to the rear that you were
in a different country from where the Korean conflict was taking place?

Of course. If Jimmie say it true, it must be true!

Japan was not DIRECTLY involved in the Korean WAR, true. The
Occupation was over when I was assigned there. Was I supposed
to break rules, go against the UCMJ, to go to the "front?"

The point being that you never served in a forward area, let alone
a combat area. Matter of fact, the only thing "forward" about you is
bad manners and a propensity to deceive.

By the way, WHERE was this "front?" You guys keep talking about
the "front lines" like it was in World War ONE. Wasn't like
that. Ask Jimmie Noserve. He was THERE...in spirit...through
his books...he read all about it.

Then it would seem you were in good company, Lennie.

The only place YOU ever "served" on a "front line" was in a Clancy
novel or in the chow hall.

Nonetheless, I got to work real HF radio communications
for three years in a 24/7 radio station...even living IN a two
square mile antenna field for a while. [many more antennas
there than overweight "scampering" Davie can possibly put up]

Well, grizzled old Sarge, I just put up a brand new, enormous triband
yagi all by my lonesome.

Wow! All by your LONESOME? Gee, Davie, you need to get out more.
It would keep you from being so lonesome...

You have some PROOF of this accomplishment, yes?

Where's PROOF of YOUR station, Lennie?

Since you can't TRANSMIT, we've been asking for a pic of your
"monitoring station"...None yet.

Maybe you got one of those "Monitoring Station Registrations" that
CRB Books advertizes in the back of CQ and Popular
Communications...?!?!

I've worked Dave on the air...At least WE know he HAS antennas
up...

I'll wager I've put up more antennas in the
past five years than you have in your lifetime.

I'm absolutely positive you have, dozens and dozens, hundreds and
hundreds of them, more than in several mens' lifetimes. Whatever
it is, YOU did MORE. You say so and that be that.

Seems Lennie has a problem with truth.

Wanna play some more "mine's bigger than yours"?

I don't "play" with antennas. On the big ones, I let the pros
do their jobs. They know how to erect them. I know how to
erect mine.

I'm willing to bet the only antenna YOU have ever "erected" was a
set of Rabbit Ears.

I got to work real military HF communications during a four-year Air
Force hitch and plenty of government HF communications during a State
Department career. I've used antennas like rhombics, 3-30 MHz inverted
discones, double boom Collins LPA's at 90 feet and I've used magnetic
loops, open wire-fed flattops with autotuners, fan dipoles and even
crummy B&W "broadband" folded dipole "resistors". I've operated
satellite terminals with 9 meter dish antennas and with little suitcase
sat terminals. I've installed an maintained several generations of
STU's and operated high speed leased lines.

All by yourself? Wow! You have PROOF of that, yes?

Gee, Lennie...Seems you ahve a bit of competition...

Well...No...I stand corrected...

You're no competition for anyone in THIS forum....

I'll bet you were Behind The Lines in 'Nam, sending valuable intel
back to Hq, right? A vital asset to the military! Hip hip hooray!

Sorry, Davie, I didn't do a lot of radio communications (all by
myself) after my military service. I went into DESIGN of radio-
electronics, making the equipment from scratch.

"All by yourself? Wow! You have PRROF of that, yes?"

Sorry Lennie...had to use it...It fit so appropriately!

My stint as a professional
in radio communications exceeded yours by several magnitudes.

Hundreds of magnitudes. Googles of them. Off the scale...

Now, what're you using for antennas for your lil R-70 vintage inhaler?

Why do you ask? Do you need HELP? Just ask.

Why?

You wouldn't begin to know how to get one up, Lennie.

BTW, my Icom receiver, purchased long ago, is NOT used in the wine
industry nor for private brewing. It has no olfactory sensing
inputs. It still works well as a 50 KHz to 30 MHz RADIO RECEIVER...
is within specification as of this March.

Obviously not.

You've not managed to log a single one of us so far!

Didya catch the part where he says he was ONLY a "####bird
PFC"...?!??!

Sheesh...even Lennie made E5...

Did you catch the part where Jim didn't serve?

Jimmie Miccolis never served.
Mikey Coslo never served.
Dee Flint never served.
Brain Kellie WAS served (by "drudges") at the captain's table!

You act as if status as a veteran is something which gives you
entitlement to be condescending to those who were never in the military.

Tsk. I must be subconsciously picking up YOUR attitude! Gotta
watch myself.

I found myself dealing with YOUR attitude this morning, Lennie.

But then I dropped it in the bowl and pushed the handle and it
went away.

No, your snarlingness, I don't feel "entitled" to condescension.
That's YOUR schtick. I DO feel absolutely ENTITLED to cuss out any
sumbish who wants to meanmouth whatever service I did for my country
especially so if they didn't serve.

The point here is that NO ONE has "mean mouthed" your "service",
Lennie.

And what I have "mean mouthed" was your attempts to use the
sacrifices of men who died three years BEFORE you were even IN the Army
to facilitate your sillinessx in here...

I don't take no snit from
pansies who were NEVER IN who want to "tell me like it is" IN the
military. YOU live with that, because that's how it goes down.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! Now we have it...There's the "manhood" issue!
Lennie "served" (wore a uniform, an act he tries to deride ME about...)
ergo anyone else is "less a man"...

Every time I see such nonsense, it seems to be from a guy who served in
the rear someplace.

Tsk. Whose rear have you served lately?

You been spending time at Markie's house, Lennie? That sounds
like something he'd do......

Putz.

Steve, K4YZ