Old August 27th 05, 07:57 AM
Frank Gilliland

On Sat, 27 Aug 2005 01:23:09 -0500, "T-10" anon@jumper wrote in
:

May I be so bold as to have the audacity to agree with K8MN? While my
comments may not rest well with some of you "chairborne" commandos, it is
cheap and tawdry to call into question or submit falsehoods about the
service of Veterans.

It's even worse to impersonate a vet. Wouldn't you agree?

Whether or not you approve of Veterans such as W4NTI or K4YZ, the fact
remains that they SERVED!

No, that's not a fact. K4YZ has, through his own words, proved beyond
any reasonable doubt that he did -NOT- serve, at least not in the
capacity he claims. I've run into many of these impersonators over the
years, most of whom claim to be Viet-Nam vets that did "secret ops" or
worked independently "behind enemy lines", and often quoting lines
from the movies "Apocolypse, Now", "Platoon" and "Full Metal Jacket"
(and even that early Jack Webb movie). But ask them for proof and they
clam up and get all defensive, just like K4YZ, and now K8MN.

While you Chairborne Hams were nit-picking over license qualifications these
two guys were serving their, and YOUR, country.
I defer to K8MN. He is correct and "on the money". Would that the rest of
you do the same.

Honor is earned, not stolen. By defending a valor-thief you are
subverting your own intentions and disrespecting those who -did-
serve, those who are serving right now, and those who have died and
will die in the future. If you want to do the right thing then don't
let yourself be fooled by these fakes -- any true vet will have no
problem with showing proof of service when asked.